Twice a year, a local thrift store has a $5 bag sale. Excluding only books and jewelry, you can load up a brown paper grocery bag with as much as you want and take it away for five smackers.Here's what I got last week:
- two shirts for The Commander to wear for yard work
- two pairs of Old Navy cords for the baby
- a fur collar for a charity project
- Villager 100% virgin wool, handcrafted sweater
- Flax linen jacket
- Talbot's brown jersey pants
- new, handknit child's sweater
- 6+ yards blue cotton fabric
- 3+ yards pink cotton fabric
- 3 pieces of clothing just for the funky belt and buttons - chunky plastic, wooden and abalone
|all this for $5!|
I think a scored a pretty good deal. Not the best ever, but not bad!
What's the best deal you've gotten at a thrift store?